CEO of SPN Communications agency, Chairman of AKOS, Vice President of RASO
Andrey Barannikov is the CEO of SPN Communications agency with offices in Moscow, St Petersburg and Kiev.
Andrey has 24 years of experience in PR. He started his career as a PR Manager in the Swedish agency Andréasson Public Relations, and he then became Head of the PR Department and Deputy CEO of SPN Granat communications agency. He has been the agency’s CEO since 1999. Between 2005 and 2013, the agency was part of the global network of Ogilvy Public Relations and was named SPN Ogilvy. Starting 2014 the agency works independently under the new name, SPN Communications.
In 2013, under Andrey’s leadership, the agency was ranked first in the National Rating of Communications Consultancies (NR2C).
Andrey Barannikov’s positions and membership in industry associations:
- Chairman of AKOS (the Russian branch of ICCO) since 2012,
- Member of the Executive Committee of the International Communications Consultancy Organization (ICCO) since 2013,
- Vice President of the Russian Public Relations Association (RASO) since 2012,
- Chairman of the North-Western branch of RASO since 2003,
- Member of the International Public Relations Association (IPRA),
- Member of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC),
- Academician at the Russian Academy of Public Relations (RAOS).
Andrey is a multiple winner of numerous international and national industry awards:
- SABRE Awards (2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013),
- Global SABRE Awards (2011, 2012, 2013),
- IPRA Golden World Awards (2004, 2010, 2012, 2013),
- IABC Gold Quill (2012),
- Cannes Corporate TV & Media Awards (2011, 2012),
- Kotler Awards (2014),
- PRO.PR Awards (2014),
- Media Manager of Russia (2006, 2011),
- The Silver Archer (2002, 2007, 2008 (in the category “Master” (“Best Practitioner”)), 2009) and others.
In 2007 Andrey was named as one of the 50 most professional top managers in the Professional Services category of the Top 1000 Russian Managers rating compiled by Kommersant Publishing House and the Russian Managers Association. He has been twice named as one of the TOP 100 Most Professional Managers by Delovoy Peterburg newspaper.
Andrey is the Chairman of the organizing committee for the Baltic Weekend international communications forum and the Deputy Chairman of the national PR contest PROBA-IPRA GWA. He acts as a judge and expert of industry contests, including Golden Hammer, the Silver Archer, Media Manager of Russia, PRESSZVANIE, The PR Department of the Year, PR on the pages of the Russian press, and others.
Andrey holds a graduate degree from the Oriental Studies Faculty of St Petersburg State University where he majored in the History of India.